Reader Questions & Answers #23

Kamis, 31 Maret 2016

Reader Questions & Answers #23

On Sundays, i'm able to solution some readers' questions in a put up. if you have a query that you would like me to reply here on the blog, just send me an running--anything  with the concern "Q&A", and that i may consist of them in a destiny Q&A publish. They don't must be approximately weight loss or strolling--whatever is sport!  (bear in mind, i am now not a health practitioner or dietician, or any type of scientific expert--i will simplest solution questions from my own experience).

Q. What is your favorite kind/brand of peanut butter? I am surprised that you have natural and Jif. I used to eat Jif, but now that I get natural (or make my own), I find that Jif is WAY too sweet, plus I don't want the added oil. Have you tried all the other kind of nut and seed butters? I LOVE sunflower seed butter, but I can't keep out of it, so I try to avoid it!

A. I don't suppose i've ever come across a peanut butter logo that I failed to like! I do have favorites, though. My absolute favorite is the Smucker's herbal Creamy peanut butter. i take advantage of this on toast, on oatmeal, and with the aid of itself. I purchase the Jif (or, much more likely, the store logo) peanut butter to always have available for making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or for baking. there's a herbal brand known as Krema that is additionally sincerely suitable (my 2d favored)--this type has the identical texture as Jif, so if you're new to herbal peanut butter, it may be the manner to go. (If value become no problem, i would purchase the Krema over the Jif).

I really love the flavored peanut butters, however I should be actually cautious about what i have within the house, due to the fact i can binge on them. Peanut Butter & Co. makes a White Chocolate high-quality pb, and it is terrific. palms-down, my preferred flavored pb. i love to top oat bran with it! Their chocolate one is right, and their Cinnamon Raisin one is amazing on Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread.

i really like almond butter almost as lots as peanut butter. My preferred brand of almond butter is Kettle creamy. Maranatha makes a darkish chocolate almond spread that is SO excellent (too correct!). I attempted Barney Butter, too--you can read approximately the difference between Barney Butter and Kettle on a submit I wrote.

i've additionally tried cashew butter (yum, however exceptional highly-priced); sunflower seed butter; Cookie Butter; coconut butter; a few type of peanut butter unfold from the Amish; hazelnut butter; and walnut butter. I do not think i've ever disliked one!
These were all in my house at one time ;)

Q. I'm a coffee drinker, mostly because I am a busy mom. I work full-time outside the home on top of being a mom. I need my coffee in the morning because I feel like its the only thing that can give me the jolt I need! I used to drink tea and that was fine, but now I guess I need something stronger? What are your reasons for quitting coffee and how did you do it?
A. I quit ingesting espresso on the end of October 2011. I had no intentions of quitting it altogether on the time, however. It turned into per week before I went to NYC to be a guest on the Dr. oz.display. i was SO anxious about the show. I found out that ingesting coffee made me experience even more anxiety, so I determined to give up drinking it until after the show. I wasn't a massive espresso drinker within the first region--i'd drink two cups each morning, but I didn't experience like I "needed" it. It was a dependancy.

but I had a horrible headache for approximately 3 days when I stopped drinking it--I did not realise it before everything, however i'm certain it become the caffeine withdrawal that caused the headache. That headache changed into so bad that I found out I have been hooked on coffee, and that i decided that I wasn't going to resume consuming it after the display. I felt 1,000,000 instances better with out the espresso (and as soon as my headache went away). My anxiety (on a every day basis, something I war with) became a good deal better.

Ty these days sent me a hyperlink to an blog publish approximately espresso that i found sincerely exciting. It essentially says that your body adapts to the caffeine--so if i was to drink a cup of coffee proper now, i would get heaps of electricity, due to the fact my frame isn't used to it. however for you, that coffee would not have the identical impact. For people which have coffee on a every day basis, it will become "the norm" of their bodies. but ingesting espresso handiest very every now and then (when you actually need a little pick out-me-up), that coffee is going to give you extra than "regular" electricity. Very tough to provide an explanation for, but here is the link to the post.

I also examine a very creative manner to give up coffee, and it almost made me wish i was nonetheless ingesting espresso in order that I may want to do it ;)  you can read approximately that in this blog submit. but if you're satisfied ingesting coffee, and it is now not negatively impacting your fitness in any manner (find it irresistible turned into with my tension) then there probably is not a reason to end ingesting it, as some distance as i'm able to see.



Q. I come from a family of over weight people, and then Atkins came out and they all lost a bunch of weight (and most gained it back). My question is this, do you worry about your carb count on a daily basis or just calorie intake? I have had success with low calorie diets in the past, but I think my family has brainwashed me because I keep counting carbs too! 

One of my favorite "carb" meals:
pasta, peas, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
A. I continually say that it definitely relies upon on the character, and you should experiment to peer how your body is happiest. but that said, I do not provide carbs a 2d notion! i really like carbs, and the majority of my calories come from carbs. I had fulfillment (obviously) losing weight even as consuming a number of carbs. I counted calories and that i attempted to consume a spread of foods. I additionally progressively switched over to entire grain carbs--brown rice, complete grain pasta, and so forth. i have by no means been a large fan of meat, so my protein comes from carb resources as well--beans and lentils.

The motive for this is that from the very beginning, I KNEW i'd not be glad ingesting a low-carb weight-reduction plan. I decided this time round to make changes that i was inclined to stay with all the time--and counting carbs, or worrying about carbs, changed into not a change i used to be inclined to make. So I focused on energy, and meals that made me satisfied and my body sense correct. I knew if I wasn't happy with what i used to be eating, i was never going to stick it out lengthy sufficient to lose the weight.

lots of human beings have told me "You consume too many carbs", "You don't devour sufficient protein", "You do not eat enough vegetables" and all of the other matters they accept as true with are "wrong" about my food plan. i'm not perfect! but I consume in a manner that makes me happy, and my body feel appropriate. a few human beings in reality feel higher consuming loads of protein and few carbs, but i am now not considered one of them. So I think it is great to experiment to look how you experience exceptional, and what works excellent for you as an character.